Well it is now the first of July and Google, again, has lived up to their promise of monthly updates with the delivery of XE7. This month the updates are more focused on hands-free and web browsing! If your Glass device has not received the update yet please make sure it is connected to a WiFi network and start charging it. Here’s what’s new this month:
1. First and foremost we finally have a web browser! Just search for anything and you can tap to “View Website”! Here are the controls straight from Google:
Scroll – Slide your finger forward on the touchpad to scroll down.
Zoom – Slide two fingers forward or backward to zoom.
Look around – With two fingers down on the touchpad, move your head around to pan.
Click – As you look around, you can tap to select anything in the center of the screen.
2. Be more hands-free. Now when you receive a text message you can say “Ok Glass, Read Aloud” and “Ok Glass, Reply”. You can also accept, reject calls when you are receive them. Another highly welcomed new feature is the ability to share a photo with your voice after snapping it.
3. You can now access all Gmail My Contacts by tapping on the home screen and navigating to Messaging or Call.
4. A new UI with horizontal scrolling on the home screen actions instead of the odd vertical scrolling list
5. Improvements to On Head Detection (requires re-calibration)
6. Vastly improved stand-by battery life and better battery reading levels
7. Conversational voice improvements. Now when you make a search Glass can understand if you are still asking about the previous search. This can only be done when you initiate search by long pressing the touch pad.
8. New and improved Google Places bundle card with more options for nearby places
9. Curse words now appear without any asterisks.
Let us know if you found anything else that was not mentioned above.
Source: XE7 Release Notes